Having the best angle grinder could be a perfect versatile, handy tool of your toolbox. This one single equipment can do multiple tasks like removing materials from old things (box, furniture, car, etc.) sharpening, polishing or sanding including grinding. Handheld angler grinders are ideal for managing enormous DIY projects and your home maintenance tasks.
There are many types, sizes, and power of angler grinders available in the market. If you need something huge that can manage more than DIY, then the best 7-inch angle grinder or best 9-inch angle grinder would be a good choice. But for all-purpose light to medium work 4, 4 ½ is ideal.
- 1 Quick Overview and Comparison of Top 5 Best Angle Grinder
- 2 10 Best Angle Grinder 2018 Reviews
- 2.1 DEWALT DCG413B 20V XR Brushless Angle Grinder
- 2.2 Makita XAG03Z 18V Brushless Cordless Angle Grinder
- 2.3 Black & Decker 7750 Angle Grinder
- 2.4 PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
- 2.5 Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder
- 2.6 DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder
- 2.7 Makita 9557PBX1 4 Angle Grinder
- 2.8 DEWALT DWE402K 4 Angle Grinder
- 2.9 Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder
- 2.10 Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 Fuel
- 3 What is Angle Grinder?
Quick Overview and Comparison of Top 5 Best Angle Grinder
|Angle Grinder||DEWALT DCG413B 20V XR Cordless (Editor's Choice)||Makita XAG03Z 18V LXT||Black & Decker 7750||PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG||Hitachi G12SR4|
|Wheel/Disk Size||4-1/2 Inch||4-1/2 Inch||4-1/2 Inch||4-1/2 Inch||4-1/2 Inch|
|Motor||6 AMP||4 AMP||5.5 AMP||7 AMP||6.2 AMP|
|Weight||3.75 Pounds||8 Pounds||4.75 Pounds||6.9 Pounds||4 Pounds|
|Warranty||3 Years||1 Year||2 Years||3 Years||5 Years|
10 Best Angle Grinder 2018 Reviews
Here we have chosen 10 best angle grinders after testing so many angle grinders on some of our DIY projects. They are.
DEWALT DCG413B 20V XR Brushless Angle Grinder
Our first best angle grinder is for DEWALT DCG413B. It’s a brushless angle 4.5” grinder. Compare to the brushed angle grinder this one is ten time light, fast and long lasting. Its battery last twice as long as your any old brushed angle grinder. This bear tool offers a single no load speed motor. The motor can speed up more than 9,000 RPMs. Moreover, it has two-position handles and a paddle switch.
This DCG413B’s physical dimension is 12.2X4.7X6 inches and weighs around 3.8 lbs. This battery operated 20 volts angles grinder has metric measurement system which overall performs well. Furthermore, the tool has the 4.5-inch wheel, 0.625 inch Arbor, metal motor bearing, etc.
But there is one thing; you need to purchase its battery separately. The item does not include with the set, only the angle girder.
- Light and ergonomic to use.
- Longer battery life.
- Two position sides handle for more user comfort.
- The single speed motor offers excellent efficiency.
- Extra paddle switch to quick stop operating.
- The small safety trigger is hard to push.
- Plug up the small air intakes easily.
Makita XAG03Z 18V Brushless Cordless Angle Grinder
Our next top quality angle grinder review is for Makita XAG03Z. It’s lithium-ion brushless and cordless power grinder. This tool has both speed and power to deal with most robust materials. This one is ideal for cutting, grinding and sanding tile, concrete, pipe, conduit and other types of elements.
This 4-1/2” best cordless angle grinder has unique features for automatic speed and torque adjusting capability. It can change these two features for optimal performance. That means it will control its performance according to the need of work not by preset speed.
This model XAG03Z of Makita’s physical dimension is 14X5X5 inches and weighs 6 lbs. It’s little bigger and heavier than the first one we reviewed on top. But still, you will find it very useful and comfortable to work with. This Angler grinder requires 18-volt lithium ion battery and the charger. As a cordless and portable angular grinder, the performing duration of it is ok. It can work as a quick fixer or complete small to medium task where hours and hours of grinding polishing are not required.
- Very powerful, cuts stuff very quickly.
- Simple, easy usable tool.
- Comes with auto speed changing technology or speed adjusting during the operation.
- The motor does not heat up while working too fast.
- Compact size makes easy to work with.
- If you want to use the angle grinder for hours, then this is not the one.
Black & Decker 7750 Angle Grinder
Currently, small size great powered tools are in fashion, especially, if you are using the device for daily heavy working. We have something like this- tinny body but substantial working power- the Black & Decker 7750. It’s a 4-1/2” angle grinder with side switch, anti-slip handle, spindle lock, etc. the grinder comes with a 5.5 amp motor which runs at 10,000 rpm.
The Black &Decker 7750 has the orange color body with the grey head, and black rubber grip side handle. The dimension of the tool is 12.6X5X5.5 inches and weighs around 4.8 pounds. It’s electric power bare-tool with 120 voltage power. It includes spanner wrench and metal grinding wheel for cut, grind or sand. Cutting is not its original purpose its better at the other things very well. If you want to use the Black-Decker grinder for cutting, take the wheel thinner than ¼ inch.
Recommended: Best Electric Chainsaw
- Suitable for quick and easy sand, grind, and cut.
- Powerful motor operated at 10000 RPM.
- Two positional sides handle with contoured body grip.
- Includes spanner wrench and metal grinding wheel.
- Long power cord for convinced operation.
- The head comes loose sometimes.
- The parts of the tool are not available easily.
PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG Angle Grinder
For the most aggressive performance, you can consider having PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG. This is a 4-1/2” small angle grinder with ergonomic design and compact size. It’s not that like corded and portable battery powered grinders showed above. It’s fully corded electrical tool with 120 Volts power. That’s why it’s more efficient to work on job site. The PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG is specially designed for welders, contractors, fabricators, masons and other tradespeople who want top-class work and finishing form a cut-off tool.
The PORTER-CABLE PC60TPAG’s Arbor size and Spindle size is both 5/8X11 inches. The maximum speed of the tool is 11,000 RMP’s, weight 6.9 lbs and the dimension is 4.2 x 4.8 x 5.6 inches. This small angle grinder or cut-off tool includes a grinding wheel, cut-off wheel, grinding guard, side handle, cutting guard, wrench including a storage case.
- The powerful 7-amp motor which works great and offers the highest speed.
- Includes casting metal gear case to enhance the job site durability.
- Tool-free guard for fast and easy guard adjustments.
- Three-positioning handles made the control lot easier.
- Ideal for high-speed metal removal.
- Offers variable speed settings.
- Get overheated sometimes.
- The body that you hold is little fat.
Hitachi G12SR4 Angle Grinder
Hitachi is a brand to make all edgy and nifty items from many years. We found a great tool that works great to remove casting fin, finishes various type of steel, aluminum, copper, and bronze. The Hitachi G12SR4 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder is a good option for those who need a small and less powered tool for detail works. It’s a 6.2 amp powered electrical angler grinder which offers 980W of max power output.
This tool especially offers spindle lock; removable forward-canted side handle; trigger lock-on, etc. along with wheel guard, side handle, spanner wrench, and case and abrasive depressed center wheels. You can use them for grind welded sections cut by of acetylene torch or any metal like resins, slate, brick, marble, etc. it’s a small tool with 10x4x4 inches size and 4 lbs weight but works excellent with a smooth finish.
- The locking switch is especially good carvings.
- Spindle lock allows fast and straightforward disc and accessory changes.
- It’s suitable for both left and right handled the person.
- Comes with a storage option.
- Cheap in price.
- The on/off switch is dinky.
- The cord is little short.
DEWALT DWE402 Angle Grinder
If you want a long durable product that offers all the best features all together but at the affordable price, then you have this excellent option form DEWALT. This model features next generation 11 amp, 11,000 RMPs AC/DC motor which offers best power comparison to its weight and size.
This best angle grinder for concrete has many useful things to utilize such as, dust ejecting system, oversize brush, large spiral bevel gear, retractable utility hook, and the ergonomic design.
The dimension of this angler grinder is 15.6×5.9×4.8 inches. It weighs only one pound. It needs 120-V to run at 1.8 HP. As a corded and brushless motored tool it works for a really long time. One common problem with most of the angle grinder is the high torque reactions. But the DWE402 has the factory-set clutch which reduces this problem if bit jams occur.
- Best power to deal with most robust materials at work.
- Long cord gives more convenience at work.
- Dust ejection system provides more durability.
- Includes a wrench and storage box too.
- Affordable price.
- Lack explicit instruction for cutting wheel.
- The switch is a bit cumbersome.
Makita 9557PBX1 4 Angle Grinder
For a high range of motor power, you can have Makita 9557PBX1. It’s a reasonably budget angle grinder with the labyrinth construction. This exclusive setting seals the motor and bearing from any contamination. However, the angle grinder has 7.5 amp motor, small diameter barrel grip, lock on/off feature, AC/DC switch. The barrel grip which only 2-1/2 inches are small compare than other angle grinders we reviewed here. This will addled comfort and performance that you need for a professional finish.
The main switch (AC/DC) of the tool is located on the top of the motor housing. The grinder has a large paddle switch also for fast and comfortable working. Moreover, it has fewer problems with overheating and low energy. The thicker coil wired wound more closely, so it does not heat up quickly or fail to get proper power.
The 9557PBX1 model is fully electric powered and needs 120 volts to run. Its size is 5.8X15X10 inches and weight 4.5 lbs.
- Powerful motor with high output power.
- Resist from dust and debris for a longer life.
- Includes on/off lock feature for continuous operation.
- Large paddle switch for simple operation.
- Assembling is reasonably easy.
- The casing is nice is appearances but bit flimsy.
- Blade changing is a bit difficult.
DEWALT DWE402K 4 Angle Grinder
You probably don’t know but DEWALT is a standard brand among other angle grinder brands, and you will see its product all over the industrial worlds and metal-working schools. That is why we had to add another great model from this brand DWER402K. It’s an 11-amp power 4-1/20-inch angler grinder which runs at max 11000 RMPs. It’s designed for faster material removal maintaining proper protection. You can work with any kind and thickness of material with it. In one side it’s an excellent tool for cutting, on the other side is ideal for sanding and grinding too.
Maintaining the durability, the tool has Dust Ejection System. This system work for ejecting damaging dust and debris particle often created during work. The size and weight of the tool are 16.1X7.9X6 inches, and total weight with kit box is 9 lbs.
- Very high powered motor and work for any kind and density of the metal.
- Has dust ejection system to keeps out the dust and debris.
- Comes with a low profile gear case which allows access into tight spaces.
- Paddles switch with the lock-off feature.
- Griped handle for convenient use.
- No proper guard for using a cutting wheel.
- The trigger is a tad close to the wheel.
Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder
Do you need to get something powerful at the meager price? Then the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder is the thing you need. It’s the 4-1/2 inch angle grinder with 6-amp motor and 11000 RMPs speed. It comes with 8 ft. cord and well-griped side handle. The handle is positional in two ways so you can rotate in any position during work.
This tool is 10.5 inches long and 3.75 in lengths and needs 120 V to operate. It weighs 3.75 which literally fine to work with for a long time. The whole set of Bosch angle tool comes with a burst-protection guard, spanner wrench, flange kit, abrasive grinding and of course the angle grinder.
Also Check: Best Jigsaw Reviews
- Easily removable safety guard.
- The blades last very long time.
- Two position well-griped sides handle for max operation comfort.
- Offers maximum no-load power for the professional cutting application.
- Lightweight nice to hold.
- The power switch is ted stiff.
Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 Fuel
At the last point of our top best angle grinder we have Milwaukee 2780-20 M18. We started with a portable battery-powered grinder in the beginning so here is another one for you. It can supply 2x more power than a usual battery powered grinder. It comes with the brushless motor with giving you more duration and motor life without interpreting your work.
It features REDLINK Plus intelligence, guard adjustments, tool-free accessory changing and many more. It needs an 18-V lithium-ion battery to run. It initially lessens the weight but increases the power and runtime.
The size of this best angle grinder for welding is 2.3 x 12.9 x 7.6 inches and weight 5.38 lbs. But the weight includes the 4-1/2″/ 5″ Grinder and the Paddle Switch No-Lock.
- The side handle is ragged to hold comfortably.
- Includes paddle switch and locking slid switch.
- Has enough power to remove metal pretty quickly.
- Easy to use and handle.
- Solid and durable tool.
- The price bit high.
- The safety on/off switch is a bit cumbersome.
In addition, it’s vital to remember, always use safety equipment to use a grinder without getting hurt. It’s not like the drill which can be used with bare hand or goggles. An angler grinder rotates 12000+ times per minute, where drills stare rotating 700-12000. Such precautions like the dust mask, a helmet, protective glass+boots are mandatory.
In the end, all we suggest that you need to have a bright idea what you need as a working grinder and what you’re chosen grinders can offer. However, our top editors chose for best 4 1/2 angle grinder is DEWALT DCG413B. First of all, it has high amp motor with max speed. This best angle grinder is quite safe to operate and very durable. After all, it has the brand promise like DEWALT.