Car owners understand better that the best floor jack is one of the must-have tools in their garage. It is not related either you are a professional driver or not. If you need to change tires in during the drive or check the breaks, you have to buy a quality floor jack.
Whether or not most of the modification work of a car require lifting its body to get underneath for full access. Depending on work it requires different heights and holds for a while at that position. A floor jack can do these part but for a long time keeping it needs support though.
- 1 Quick Comparison of 5 Best Floor Jack
- 2 10 Best Floor Jack for the Money
- 2.1 Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack- 2 Ton Capacity
- 2.2 Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack
- 2.3 Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack- 3 Ton Capacity
- 2.4 Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack
- 2.5 Liftmaster 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Quick-Lift
- 2.6 Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000 lb Triple Lift Jack
- 2.7 Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack- 3.5 Ton Capacity
- 2.8 Arcan XL20 Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack- 2 Ton Capacity
- 2.9 Performance Tool W1640 2-1/2 Ton (5,000lbs.)
- 2.10 Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
- 3 Types of Floor Jacks
Quick Comparison of 5 Best Floor Jack
|Floor Jack||Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack||Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack||Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack (Editor's Choice)||Pittsburgh Automotive Steel Floor Jack||Liftmaster Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack|
|Capacity||2 Ton||3 Ton||3 Ton||3 Ton||3 Ton|
|Lifting Range||3-1/2 Inches to 14 Inches||5-7/8 Inches to 17-1/4 Inches||3.6 Inches to 19.4 Inches||4-7/8 Inches to 16-1/4 Inches||3 Inches to 20 Inches|
|Weight||30 Pounds||43.9 Pounds||56 Pounds||79 Pounds||72.8 Pounds|
|Warranty||2 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
10 Best Floor Jack for the Money
Want to get a quality floor jack for your new car? Here we have tried and tested some high quality best floor jack for different types of vehicles. Have a look below.
Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack- 2 Ton Capacity
Our first best floor jack for the money is the Pro-Lift f-767 grey low profile floor jack. This is a regular weight floor jacks that can bear up to 2 tons. You can efficiently use it for your family car small to medium. It’s simple, easy to glid, shift and carry. Being and simple floor jack make it easier to slide under low ground clearance vehicles.
This floor jack is slightly heavy, 30 lbs because of its full metal body. It can be lifted 3.5- 14 inches up. Vehicles around 4000 lbs will be perfect for this jack. Its rated for 4k cars. But we will suggest you use it for 3500 lbs vehicles. Otherwise, it might not last very long.
- Suitable for light works like changing a tire, breaks, jacks, etc.
- Usable for small to medium size of the family car.
- Easy to use, shift and store.
- Reasonably priced product.
- No portable case included.
- The saddle is small.
Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack
For 3 ton floor jack, we have Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack in our list. It’s even affordable for our first one! The floor jack offers robust extension adapters, extra long neck, 360-degree swivel casters. The lifting range of this floor jack is 5-7/8 to 17-1/4 inches. The Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack is perfect in SUVs and trucks for its extension adapters. These adapters come with the set.
The best floor jack for trucks weighs around 49 lbs for the entire package. Yes, it’s slightly heavy, especially on the concrete ground. But if you use this adjustable floor jack on a flat surfaced garage floor, it will be a lot easier to handle. Overall, its a tall and robust floor jack that does cost you much.
- Best suitable jack for trucks and SUV’s.
- Durable, sturdy floor jack with the long and long neck.
- 360-degree swivel casters for easy mobility.
- A very affordable piece of the floor jack.
- Badly written instruction manual.
- You need to pump it a lot to raise it.
Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack- 3 Ton Capacity
Another 3-ton capacity jack for professional grade use, the Arcan ALJ3T aluminum floor jack is best for low ground vehicle lifting. The jack has ball bearing mounted swivel caster wheels and wide track front wheels that make easier to lift car in different height while moving in a different angle. It has a rubber pad on the saddle which protects the car’s frame and components from scratch.
The height range of the floor jack is 3.77-19.3 inches and has dual pump piston for fast lifting. Some other features like piston dust shield, bypass and overload valves and quick lock features are useful for trouble-free working performance every time.
- Ideal for low-clearance ground cars.
- Professional grade floor jack for shop use.
- Made of aluminum, so half in weight compared to steel.
- Fast lift and safe to hold.
- Durable product.
- The handle on the sides is not ideally placed.
- Not designed to carry about in the toolbox, truck, and back of the pickup.
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack
The Pittsburgh Automotive 3 ton heavy duty steel floor jack is a sturdy and robust piece of equipment that you keep for use in the garage or your car’s toolbox. It has a double pump system and low profile structure that lift a car quickly in very high. It’s heavy close to 90 lbs due to rolls nicely on the concrete ground. The good thing about this jack is it could handle heavy vehicles like trucks, SUV or vans and also other economy and low clearance ground cars.
The maximum height lift for this jack is 19-3/4 inches. This best floor jack for SUV is very affordable and last for a quite a long time.
- Sturdy and a well-built floor jack.
- Suitable for low/high clearance ground and heavy vehicles.
- The double pump process makes the lifting a lot easier.
- Easy and safe for use and holding the car.
- Cheap in price.
- The packing of the jack is not so well.
- It’s big and bulky.
Liftmaster 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Quick-Lift
Another low profile steel made floor jack, the Liftmaster 3 ton heavy duty ultra-low profile is an efficient tool for lifting any cars. It took 6-8 pumps to get the lifting support and raise a vehicle very securely. It has a dual pump system that works well and pretty quick. Also, the jack has two-piece knurled steel handles for comfortable and secure grip. The handle is also covered with thick foam bumper. That prevents you can form any damage. Besides, the strengthen rubber pad on the saddle gives better protection and friction on the ground while working.
The lowest heigh lifting for the Liftmaster is 7.72 cm, and the highest raise is 49.2 cm. Overall, this low profile floor jack serves well for a long time.
- Heavy duty jack with a long handle.
- The handle had secure grip and equipped with foam bumper to avoid scratches.
- Low profiles design for low ground cars.
- Maximum height lifting 20-inches.
- Function excellent for cheap as SUV floor jack.
- The metal is less durable.
Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000 lb Triple Lift Jack
If you need an extended range of floor jack for your garage to deal with multiple types of the car then here it is, the Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E. This is a 4000 lbs capacity jack with removable lift saddle and padded lift rails. Its flexible design and construction allow it used to use it for different types of vehicles frames. You can quickly raise trucks, jeeps, ATVs, cars or replace or remove transmissions or differentials.
The floor jack has a locking safety bar that holds the jack in place while raising the car body. It eliminates the trouble of supporting lifted vehicles with jack stands. The raising capacity of the jack is 8-5/8 to 18-5/8 inches. Its wide base gives the stability and reduces sinking problem if you are working on the soft surface.
- Good for heavyweight vehicles.
- The lift saddle and lift rail are removable.
- Adaptable to multiple types of vehicles frames.
- Very stable and durable.
- Reasonable price.
- Bulkey to lift/transport or move around comfortably.
- The platform is not that level during goes up.
- Poor customer service.
Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack- 3.5 Ton Capacity
Here is another high weight capacity floor jack for different types of cars. The Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack can light around 7000 lbs or 3.5 tons of vehicles very quickly. This service jack features an exceptional design of fast list technology to lift a weight within a few seconds. The jack features a swivel saddle which allows you to position the jack safely and quickly. Its durable and robust steel construction make sure user safety and save the time.
In addition, the Blackhawk B6250 features a built-in internal safety valve and vent plug to ensures smooth operation. The highest lifting height for the jack is 19.5 inches.
- Right to work with trucks, pickup vans, and other heavy cars.
- Takes a few time to raise a car body.
- The wheel works well to roll this more massive jack.
- The handle is easy to assemble and offers a comfortable and secure grip.
- Simple and easy to use.
- The jack is heavy and uneasy to lift/carry.
- The handle does not lock in place.
Arcan XL20 Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack- 2 Ton Capacity
For extremely low ground clearance car you can try arcane XL20. Its a steel made, massive duty floor jack with maximum weight lifting capacity. It’s primed and ready to use just in two mins after opening the box. its low profile user-friendly design allows you to smoothly up and down the jack. Besides, it can lift a car in 3/4 strokes even the heaviest one. The jack can lift a vehicle from 3.5-18.1 inches. For BMW, sports car, van, etc. it could be a good option. Moreover, along with the sold concrete ground its roots well in soft ground with grass.
The jack includes a dual pump, 15.3-inch handle with bumper pad, safety valve and other usual things. Overall an excellent buy for personal usage.
- Low and long, perfect for low ground clearance cars.
- Lift a car quickly within a few seconds.
- High lifting capacity.
- Well built and durable.
- Slightly stiff on the twist release.
- Little bulky due to its steel construction.
Performance Tool W1640 2-1/2 Ton (5,000lbs.)
If you want a high capacity floor jack but won’t spend so much money on it then the Performance Tool W1640 is an ideal option for you. This is a 5000 lbs or 2-1/ low profile floor jack that manage to work with different types of cars. The lifting range for this tool is 5-15.5 inches. It offers swivel casters, flanged steel frame, and overload protection bypass valve. You can use the jack for your economy cars to light duty trucks.
However, this best floor jack for the car is easy to use, maintain and last for quite a long time without giving many troubles.
- Heavy duty construction.
- Metal wheels slide and work well on the solid ground.
- Already installed fluid.
- Includes a handle for carrying.
- Very cheap in price.
- The pump handle is slightly short.
- Wheelbase is narrow so that it may sink in the soft ground.
Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
Our last best floor jack is for Powerzone 380044. It’s a 6000 lbs weight and 4-18-1/4 inches raising capacity jack. It has a quick lifting hydraulic system with rubber padded saddle, rear wheels, and a heavy-duty steel arm. This is aluminum made jack and 10 times lighter than your average steel jacks. Also its easy to shift and work with. For light works, you can use it in your garage. Its ok to use the jack on concrete rather than soft ground.
- Nice looking steady jack for lifting.
- Suitable for the low ground clearance wheel.
- Made of lightweight aluminum so easy to shift.
- Has rubber padded saddle to protects the vehicle
- No leakage problems.
- Less durable.
- Takes lots of pumps to raise up.
Choosing the right kind of floor jack from thousands of option out there is indeed a difficult task for anyone. However, if you check the things we discuss earlier and use the knowledge to recognize a few opportunities for your car, then it might take a lot easier to finalize a one later. We suggest you consider quality over the name, brand, and the price.
Our top pick for best floor jack is Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack. This one offers quality in both construction and performance. Also, this best floor jack for money lasts for many years without any trouble.