Ajwain is popular spices. Both in India and Middle Eastern cuisine, it always used. It has amazing flavor. Surprising health benefits of Ajwain (carom seeds) make it popular. After meals, it is a good option to lighten the stomach. It has the wonderful function of eradicating bad breath that allows you to stay fit and healthy. They are widely used to relieve the body of indigestion and associated flatulence.
You can easily obtain this spice in the supermarket or a grocery store. It is used in various kitchens to get its unmistakable taste. It is popular because of its various medicinal properties and is consumed to aid digestion. Let`s look at the nutritional and other benefits of Ajwain.
10 Surprising Health Benefits of Ajwain
- This natural remedy has anti-acid properties that cure digestive problems. Mix it with whey to get rid of severe indigestion.
- It consumed during the cold provides relief and helps eliminate a cough and mucus naturally. Chew and swallow the seeds with warm water. It also cures bronchitis and asthma. Mix it with brown sugar and you have 1 / 2-2 TSP twice a day.
- Stomach or intestinal pain due to indigestion, infection or gastric can be cured by having seeds with warm water. One of the most important health benefits of Ajwain is, the herb heals liver and kidney which does not work properly. It is a natural remedy to get rid of kidney stones.
- The pain in the heart, head, and ears are also reduced by having carom seeds. Giving its oil falls on the ears to reduce the pain while having this with hot water provides relief of the heart and head pain.
- Ajwain oil massage prevents joint pain and cures arthritis. It is also used to treat rheumatic and neuralgic pain.
- Surprisingly prevents bad breath and mouth pile cures. After meals, you can chew some like a mouth freshener. You can also boil it in water and gargle to get relief from a toothache.
- It is believed that having it during menstruation reduces cramps. Roast 30-40 grams and take with milk.
- It also helps to get rid of the acidity too. Roast with cumin seeds and boil in water. Drain after boiling and add the sugar. Have it as a natural medicine to cure acidity.
- Having it during pregnancy is believed to purify the blood and improve blood flow to the body. These are the well-known Ajwain health benefits.
- The benefits for hair is very beneficial in the elimination of infections of the scalp due to its antiseptic properties. It can end the problem of hair lice, reduce hair loss due to infections and improve the texture of the hair.
Also Check: Black Seed Oil Health Benefits
Benefits of Ajwain for Weight Loss
Ajwain, the plant itself is a small shrub with fine hairs, but its small rough brown seed is the part that is used in the kitchen. The taste is said to be spicy and bitter, and although it has been used for a long time, it is not widely traded outside of its native zone.
There is a tendency in the world of supplements towards weight loss using herbs. Ajwain is one of these herbs. This shrub is not used specifically as a slimming drug. In fact, it may have appetite-stimulating properties. This is the opposite of what most dieters need. However, they have a laxative component that can stimulate bowel movements. If you have had constipation, this could result in the loss of one or two pounds, but this would be due to the loss of water and the weight would return quickly to normal.
Nutritional and Medicinal Benefits of Ajwain
Ajwain is rich in calories and provides around 300 calories per 100 grams of its consumption. It contains mainly of dietary fiber, carbohydrates, and fats. Minerals such as calcium, iron, and phosphorus are found in it. It even contains essential oils. Proteins and vitamins are also found in it.
This natural medicine helps relieve flatulence and heartburn. It is rich in thymol that helps in the production of gastric juices, which helps in digestion. It has anti-bacterial properties and helps fight against various diseases. Ajwain is also rich in dietary fiber that helps in the fight against constipation. This shrub is effective when a person suffers from dizziness, nausea, and heartburn. It is recommended for pregnant and lactating women.
It can be very beneficial when a person suffers from a cough and other respiratory problems. This shrub can provide relief against asthma when consumed with warm water. This helps in the release of phlegm and mucus from the nasal passages. Bronchitis can also be restricted by consuming it with brown sugar. The flu and common cold can be kept at bay by adopting it and cinnamon with hot water.
Ajwain prevents arthritis. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is therefore useful for providing muscle relaxation. The oil can be massaged in the affected area to get relief. Even rheumatic and neuralgic pains can be prevented by it.
How can Ajwain be used?
To get health benefits of Ajwain, you must know how it used. One of the ways there will be to boil in a cup of water and heat to a level such that it becomes exactly half. Filter it and drink water so that you can get immediate relief.
It is very good for ladies who go through the pregnancy period. Breast milk is very important for the baby. Likewise, pregnant women should consume that have anti-inflammatory properties. It has a wonderful benefit of keeping the individual’s digestive tract really effective.
You can crush and mix it with the brown sugar. This tastes very good and can taste like a coffee in consumption. You can take some seeds and tie it on a cloth. Now heat the package on a hot plate. Get the health benefits of Ajwain. If you have a congestion problem, this will be useful if the set is warm and applied slowly to the chest. This helps relieve congestion immediately. Take this natural remedy daily for a good health.